You have original cones there. If you take off the HF rear covers, you can see if the diaphragms have the little Altec "L1", or whatever that mark is
391612 is the 12th week of 1966.
391613 is the 13th week of 1966.
OK. I'm gonna get it right this time.
416A has 391612
802D has 391613
N-500-E has 613
12th and 13th week of 1966- is that correct?
- - - Updated - - -
Yes- it has that.
- - - Updated - - -
I can't find any data for DC voice coil resistance for my 16 ohm 802D HF drivers. I'm getting 9 ohms- is this correct? Are there T-S parameter data for HF drivers?
9 ohms sounds about right.
BillWojo
Altec 16ohm LFs typical DCR is 11 to 12 ohm.
Check your meter on a similar value resistor. Check that you are using the correct range on your meter.
- - - Updated - - -
EDIT: Low battery??
Last edited by mah; September 9th, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
He identified it as an Altec diaphragm. Probably have to take it out to find out the P/N on the back.
If they both read the same, I wouldn't be too worried about the DCR
Oops. HFs. Ignore my reply.
Correction: See post #7 re early and later diaphragm different DCRs, here - Altec 806a driver help
Last edited by mah; September 9th, 2017 at 09:09 PM.
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
Bookmarks